Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

And Clarence

We met two people today.

The first man was a "Christian." I do not know his name. He thought we were homeless. He came up and offered money to us. And I asked him what made him come over to talk to us. And he said Jesus had told him to. And I asked if he could tell me about Jesus...
and he said "Some other time."

And then there is Clarence.

Clarence is homeless. We talked with him for about ten minutes. And we bought a puzzle from him. And he gave us words of encouragement. And we gave him some food. And he gave us a hug. And we talked about Jesus...
and he said "Right now."

Please, Lord, let me be like Clarence and want You right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clarence's Words of Encouragement:

Peace, will it ever come?
Like a stream it will be on the run.
If it came, how will we act?
Will we stand up to it, or make it go back?
Will we be able to see the light?
Will we be happy or will we fight?
I can tell you how we will be,
because peace is something I would like to see.
Until the day comes I will say again,
as long as we fight, woe will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment