Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Man's Best Friend

"Jamie: You know what I figured out today?
Landon: What?
Jamie: Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel. "
-A Walk to Remember



Yesterday I was walking through the neighborhoods of Henderson, Tennessee- Quite and quaint they are with houses from the 1950's, broken sidewalks, and neighbors sitting on the front porch drinking down their southern sweet tea. I have walked those streets numerous of times over the past years with smiles from the passersby and even an occassional "how do you do." But yesterday was different. Something just wasn't quite right.
I felt like I was being stalked...you know, when you can feel eyes staring straight through your cold blood. He creeped up on me when I least expected. With a playful wag of his tail, "man's best friend" was at my side ready to play. He was an eerie yet comforting sort of companion. Coming from nowhere so it seemed. We walked together for sometime down the long lonesome road until we ran into his enemies.

With ferocious barks, probably better than their bites, the mob of carnivores prowled upon my companion, my friend. With threats of flesh and death, it seemed it could not get any worse until "dog's best friend" came to greet us as well. Talk about a bark that could kill; I had never behold such a site. Escaping as quickly as we could with my companero defending my every move, we walked into a trap that could no other than be set by the devil himself.
"You sure are a pretty little girl," harrassed the beasts next door neighbor, if you can call him such. Eh...talk about a sticky situation.

I escaped the trap of death that was breathing scoldings down my back just in the nick of time... The next thing I knew I was walking alone again down the broken sidewalk that beholds many of tales. My friend had vanished.

I don't know where he went, but I sure know where he came from. There is no doubt about it.

How many times does the Lord intervene with our lives?
What if you weren't running late on the way to work that one day?---would you have been in that car crash?
What if your parents never met?---would you be reading this today?
What if my friend was not there to guard me?---would you even have something to read?
God's plan for us is truely a wonder to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment