Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Umbrella Promise

"Maybe we just need to figure out why [we are here]---where does God need us to serve?

Maybe like today:
It rained...and poured. It was like taking a shower outdoors. But it was glorious! It reminded me of when God sent rain for the first time on the earth. He opened up the floodgates of Heaven and let the skies fall down. And then the Sun came out, and together-with their power and strength---the Rain and the Sun glistened together to make a promise. A Rainbow. So it didn't rain for 40 days and 40 nights, and it didn't flood the earth, and I didn't even see a rainbow...but today the rain did remind me of why we are here: God. God's promise.


And during that storm today I was walking with my umbrella and my rainboots merrily striding along as dry as a sitting duck. Then there was one of my friends-soaked. He had just gotten a shower as well, so it seemed. He was headed the other direction, but with a helping hand and an umbrella over our heads, we walked to his classroom together with the umbrella over our heads.
In the same way there will be storms---spiritually. And though we may be walking dry under our umbrella, not everyone has one. So God gave us a promise, and we need to share this hope with others."

No comments:

Post a Comment