Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Friends Clean My Earwax

"Fee, what did you say that stuff is that you pour into your ears to get them clean?" I asked while poking my ear, hoping my finger would work like plunger to relieve the pressure.

--Colds are not fun.  It starts with a runny nose that turns into a waterfall.  Then somehow, the throat becomes puffy and dry while the nose is left shriveled and moist like a prune.  The worst colds can settle deep into the chest so that Sopranos sing Tenor and Altos just sound like a frog; other colds will merely place a pounding little drummer in the innermost parts of the head awaiting an explosion.--

"Hydrogen Peroxide. Setti, go grab some," Fee replied as her daughter dashed off for the miracle drug.

Two minutes later, I found myself lying on Fee's couch like a sick puppy begging for attention.  After she splashed some HP in my ear, I continued to lie helplessly, listening to the little volcano that erupted in my ear.  Our other friend Katie watched intently, amused by how something so small could remove the muffling earmuffs and drummer that pounded at my head.  So, she too, partook in the ceremonial cleansing.  For a good fifteen minutes we were under the care of "Dr. Fee."

Yep, my friends like to clean my earwax.

It sounds gross, but it's true.  Friends are notorious for cleaning up earwax.

A true friend lends their advice and "miracle drug" of a listening ear.  When down in the depths, when struggling even to roll out of bed in the mornings, a friend will lift you up and help you stand on your own two feet.  When the pressures of life pound at your head, and when stress seems to smother you whole, a true friend uses her "miracle drug" of companionship to relieve the pain.  When not only your eyes are puffy from crying so much but your nose is stuffy, too, a friend will sit beside you with a shoulder to lean on and a tissue in her hand.

Thank you, God, for friends that clean my earwax.
Proverbs 17:17

-----------------------
To get those kinds of friends we need to learn how do we get saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment